February 13, 2009

Train Milking and Anti-Peeves

I've just recieved a wonderful link from Syp over at WAAAGH (thanks man!) for my top ten pet peeves post, but then he went and one-upped me with his top ten anti-peeves! So that I don't look like a negative nelly (I'm really not. How dare you insinuate such about me :)) and I'm all for stealing someone's idea, here are ten of my anti-peeves.

  1. Your own head as a pocket item. I saw someone who said he got three. What a lucky (or unlucky) guy. Now why can't I get one? Am I too uber to not die enough?


  2. Getting that big heal off just as your partner was at 1% health and then winning the battle. There's no bigger rush than that.


  3. The Dark Elf quest givers may hate you but Order quests generally reward you with some thankfulness. It makes you appreciate fighting the good fight.
  4. "I'd like to further show you gratitude in yonder tent"

  5. You know how whenever there's a quest to find a lost scout or something, and they're always dead when you get there? I thought it was pretty cool that there was one Dark Elf quest to find a dead body but it turns out that he was alive. The quest giver then tells you that you should have killed him in a typical Dark Elf "thanks."


  6. Reading a kill collector or Rally master's Tome unlock. They always have something bad-ass to say.

  7. Spotting Tzeentch's little hydralisk claw for the first time. It's there in the cinematic and everything but I never noticed it until about a month ago.
  8. This took me months to spot


  9. How oppressive the atmosphere of the IC is ... to Destruction. You've got the Dread Sentries (their tome unlock is very chilling by the way, a recommended read), the constantly watching eyeballs, constantly fighting beastmen and marauders, a coliseum, and a general unfriendliness and untrustworthiness from every NPC that makes you wonder why it is that you're helping these people anyway. And then you remember that it's for personal glory, endless gifts and riches, and crushing Order scum.

  10. How a Greenskin warcamp's outer walls are just whole, uncut tree trunks tied together. It just fits so perfectly with their aesthetic. It's rough, shoddily built and simple, all while serving it's purpose.

  11. The sheer amount of patches I've seen. They always seem to aim to fix things that I've specifically seen mentioned in blogs and forums, and the speed at which they come out is good too. For example, do you know how many blog posts there were for "WAR needs its own Darkness Falls" and "change keeps so that a tank wall isn't the be-all-end-all defense"?

  12. The frequency of live events. There's always something around the corner to generate buzz and chatter and there's never a time when I'm not looking forward to logging on.


And there you have it. Now it can't be said that I've never said anything nice about the game.

3 comments:

  1. "I'd like to further show you gratitude in yonder tent"

    Hee! Too funny! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a good excuse to write yonder. And Thank you. :)
    It's always more fun to write about what you like then what you don't like, even though griping comes easier. Sometimes the things that make you like a game are just so intangible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya and belated welcome to the blogogang! ;) I'm not being a snob -- I just can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete